Arunachal Pradesh: Major fire guts several houses in Itanagar

Arunachal Pradesh: Major fire guts several houses in Itanagar

A major fire broke out today a the Chimpu area of Arunachal Pradesh capital Itanagar, gutting several houses. 

The fire broke out at the residence of Nabam Shelly today at 5:30 in the morning due to an electric short circuit and spread to the nearby houses. The situation got further aggravated after a gas cylinder exploded in the nearby house of Gollo Alish Nabam thereby further spreading the fire to nearby houses. 

As per sources, about eight to nine houses have been gutted in the fire. 

The house owners blamed the fire brigade for responding late to their call. 

"Police came after a long time. Till then the other members of the house had already arrived. We called the fire brigade several times. Others also called them. But there was no response. Had they come in time, then there would have been so much destruction by the fire," said one resident. 

Another resident also complained of the fire brigade arriving quite late at the spot. 

"The police had arrived earlier, but the fire brigade came towards the end. Till then everything was over. Now nothing is left. All our belongings, property and money are now lost in the fire," he said.  

arunachal pradesh, itanagar, chimpu, fire, electric short circuit, gas cylinder, explosion, fire brigade, police