GUWAHATI: To tackle the COVID-19 situation in the state, the Assam government today has issued a fresh Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on COVID-19.
The revised restriction will come into force with effect from 5 am of May 13 (tomorrow )until further orders.
The timings of curfew in place across Assam have been extended, and these SOPs will remain enforced for the next 15 days.
Here are the following directives issued by the state government, which will be applicable in respect of urban areas and adjacent areas whin a 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal corporation / municipal boards/revenue towns:
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
- Weekly haats / bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
- The individual movement has been prohibited from 2 pm to 5 am daily, with the exceptions stated in Order No. ASDMA 28/2021/63 dated 4th May 2021.
- Restaurants, Dhabas, and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests only up to 1 pm after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a hotel or resort can allow outside guests up to 1 pm only after which only in-house guests will be given room service.
- Delivery of essential goods through e-commerce will continue with observance of COVID appropriate behavior.
- Cold storage and warehouses will continue after 1 pm. However, sale counters, showrooms, etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages will be closed after 1 pm.
- Pharmacies, Hospitals, Animal Care Centres, and Veterinary clinics would operate without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services.
- No physical classes will be allowed for 15 days, all educational institutions including schools/colleges/universities will provide quality virtual options.
- Both government and non-government offices will remain closed for 15 days.
- Government / semi-government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in the non-government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office up to 1 pm only for emergency and however, 9 and 10 above will not be applicable for organisations rendering essential works.
- All essential/emergency services, law enforcement services, and election work will be allowed during the period.
- In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, such areas will be notified as containment zone and necessary containment measures for COVID-19 as envisaged in MOHFW, Gol advisory dated 25th April 2021 annexed with MHA order dated 29th April 2021 (Annexure-A) will be taken.
- All marriages and religious functions will only be allowed with the presence of a maximum of 10 persons. Reception parties will not be allowed post or pre-marriage.
- Funeral / last rites-related gatherings are allowed with only 10 persons.
- All Religious places shall remain closed for 15 days.
- All public transport has been allowed to operate with only 30 percent passengers.
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, and taxis are allowed to operate with one driver and two passengers.
- Pillion riding has been totally prohibited in two-wheelers, except with women and
- All vehicles other than government vehicles have been allowed to ply in accordance with an odd-even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5 am to 2 am. However, this restriction will not apply to personal vehicles used for medical emergencies.
- The regulations issued pursuant to order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May 2021 will continue to apply to areas not protected by this order.
Follow us on Facebook