Assam | Electricity Department Employee Electrocuted to Death

Assam | Electricity Department Employee Electrocuted to Death

electricity department electricity department

Biswanath, June 26, 2019:

In a shocking incident, an employee of the Assam electricity department was electrocuted on Wednesday while carrying out repair work at an electric pole in Biswanath Chariali of Assam.

A video of the incident surfaced in the social media platforms which showed the body of the man who was carrying out the repair work was in flames; his head got separated from the body and fell on the ground.

The person has been identified as Robin Das. Robin was repairing a potentially dangerous 11,000-volt electricity line in the area.

Also Read: Assam Police Nabs Kashmiri Man For Making Offensive Comments about Martyr’s Widow

As per the locals, a few officials of the electricity department visited the place after receiving a complaint. Robin climbed up the pole for the repairing during which he came in contact with a live wire. His electrocuted body got burnt and fell off while his head got separated from his body due to the impact of the shock.

The locals held the power department responsible for the death of the person and complained that such incidents have become commonplace nowadays due to the negligence of the concerned authorities.

Keep following Inside Northeast on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. Download The Inside Northeast app from here for News, Views and Reviews from Northeast India. Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.

Edited By: Admin
Published On: Jun 26, 2019