GUWAHATI: The Assam government issued a notification today listing the exempted categories from the state's curfew and odd-even vehicular regulations.
- All government and private officials and persons working in emergency services such as health and family welfare are exempt from the restrictions.
"All related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses) including all incidental services/activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD, etc.), Disaster Management and related services, IMD,CWC, Water Resources Department, PHE, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid identity card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies," according to the notification.
ALSO READ: Pregnant doctor loses battle against COVID-19;Husband shares her last video message
- All Judicial officers/officials of courts of Assam on production of valid Identity card.
- All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical staff
etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services).
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services.
- A person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on production of a valid ticket.
- Officers/officials related to the functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid Identity card.
- Electronic and print Media on production of valid Identity card.
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement /transportation of essential/non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
- Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing the following essential services/commodities shall be allowed: a)Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines, and medical equipment. b) Banks, insurance offices, and ATMs. c) Telecommunications, internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT-enabled services. d) Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce. e) Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets. f) Power generation, transmission, and distribution units, and services. g) Cold storage and warehousing services. h) Private security services. i) Manufacturing units of essential commodities. j) Production units or services, which require a continuous process.
- Those who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
- On production of a valid identity card/engagement letter/appointment order/job order, all officials/persons entrusted with election-related work by government authorities, private companies, or the authorities of any political party or contesting candidate.
- On production of a valid identity passport, all employees/persons engaged in forestry operations under the Environment & Forest Department.
- Organizations that engage in humanitarian/philanthropic work, such as providing cooked food to COVID patients or feeding stray animals, must first seek permission from the jurisdictional DC.
Check out the full notification here:
Follow us on Facebook