Assam Government on Tuesday issued protocols for the upcoming Durga Puja celebration. The State Health minister while addressing a press conference at Janata Bhawan in Guwahati today said, “If we follow all the protocols issued by the government during Durga Puja and the cases doesn’t increase by then, we will consider it to be an achievement in successfully fighting COVID-19.”
Himanta Biswa Sarma further said that there is no trouble in conducting Durga Puja but the committees will have to follow the guidelines issued by the government. However, the puja committees will have to take permission of the Deputy Commissioners of the respective areas.
Also Read: Tawang-Guwahati route Chopper makes emergency landing in Bhutan
The other guidelines issued by the government to celebrate Durga Puja are:
• The puja committees will have to conduct the puja in open pandals.
• No cultural functions, competitions will be allowed during the puja.
• All Hotels & Restuarant allowed to open till 9 pm on Saptami, Ashtami & Navami
• The main committee and the priests will have to mandatorily undergo the COVID-19 test on Panchami.
• The committee members will also have to under test after idol immersion.
• More than 50 persons will not be allowed in the pandals at a time.
• The committee will have to ensure that the pilgrims should enter the pandal with proper hand sanitization.
• No pillion riders will be allowed during Durga Puja barring ladies who will only be allowed for pillion riding.
• The committees will have to ensure that there should be two gates in the pandals- Entry & Exit.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast
Copyright©2023 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today