GUWAHATI: The month of September is just around the corner and with that comes the festive season. With several festivals coming up in September, banks in India will remain closed for 12 days including Second and Fourth Saturdays as well as Sundays. Other than the six weekly offs, the banks will be shut for as many as six days in view of different holidays. When it comes to state-wise holidays, the banks will not remain closed for all 6 days since some holidays are state specific festivals.
Here is the list of Bank holidays in September, 2021.
• 08 September 2021: Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva
• 09 September 2021: Teej (Haritalika)
• 10 September 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata
• 11 September 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day)
• 17 September 2021: Karma Puja
• 20 September 2021: Indrajatra
• 21 September 2021: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day
List of weekend offs in September 2021:
• 05 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
• 11 September 2021 – Second Saturday
• 12 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
• 19 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
• 25 September 2021 – Fourth Saturday
• 26 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
There are 13 bank holidays listed but as Ganesh Chaturthi overlaps with second Saturday, it is counted as one holiday.
On September 8, only banks in Guwahati will observe a holiday in view of Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva.
On September 9, banks in Gangtok will remain closed due to Teej (Haritalika).
On September 10, Banks in most of states will remain closed except in Agartala, Aizawl, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram.
On September 11, banks in Panaji will observe a holiday in view of Karma Puja.
On September 17, only Ranchi will observe a bank holiday.
On September 20, only banks in Gangtok will remain shut on account of Indrajatra.
On September 20, only Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram will observe a bank holiday due to Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day.