GUWAHATI: The first cabinet meeting of the newly formed Himanta Biswa Sarma-led Assam government held this evening, where several important points were discussed.
ALSO READ: Assam Government To Impose Partial Lockdown
Here are the top points discussed in the meeting:
- A fresh SOP to tackle the COVID-19 situation in the state will be announced tomorrow between 11 am to 1 pm by the Assam chief secretary Jishnu Barua and DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta which will come into force from Thursday.
- The Cabinet went through the current COVID situation in the state in great detail. Each minister will be assigned to two or more districts to oversee the COVID 19 situation. They will travel to their respective districts and consult with the district commissioners, joint directors of health, and other senior officers in order to send a report to the chief minister and the health minister within three days of their visit.
- As promised during the elections, the new government formed a committee to appoint 1 lakh youths to government jobs. The committee will be led by finance minister Ajanta Neog. Other members will be chief secretary, principal secretary to the chief minister, and principal secretary health, education, and home. They will prepare a report to be submitted to the government very shortly.
- Another committee for microfinance loan waivers has been formed. Chairman of the committee will be minister Ashok Singhal with the principal secretary to the chief minister and principal secretary of finance, Pand RD as members.
- The government of Assam has raised its stake in NRL from 12.35 percent to 26 percent. The total amount of money invested in the increase is Rs. 2187 crore. Since the government has already paid Rs. 500 crores to increase its interest, the cabinet ordered the finance department to release Rs. 1687 crore in financial participation as a result of this enhancement.
- Cabinet meeting to be held on every Wednesday at 11 am.
- Spokespersons for each cabinet include ministers Pijush Hazarika and Keshab Mahanta, as well as Political secretary to the chief minister Jayanta Malla Baruah.
Follow us on Facebook