A nine-year-old boy died after being electrocuted in Sechu area in Phek district of Nagaland.
The victim Hushe Thuluo-o was a class 3 student of Lower Primary School.
The incident happened when the deceased along with a friend went to the jungle to fetch pig fodder. Unfortunately, the young got in contact with an 11 KV wire.
The incident reportedly happened while the boy was crawling under the wire.
Meanwhile, residents of Sechu have condemned the negligence of the Power Department and said that anybody could have been a victim under an 11 KV line which is not even three feet in height.
Copyright©2024 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today