SEBA & AHSEC announces assessment schemes for class 10 & 12 students;read more

SEBA & AHSEC announces assessment schemes for class 10 & 12 students;read more

SEBA and AHSEC announces assessment schemes SEBA and AHSEC announces assessment schemes

GUWAHATI: The Board of Secondary Education Assam ( SEBA ) and the Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council (AHSEC) today announced assessment schemes for HSLC or class 10 and HS or class 12 students.

Students' performance in previous tests and other teaching-learning activities will be used to calculate results this year.

According to SEBAClass 10 results will be calculated using 40:40:20 formula, with 40% of marks coming from the Class annual test and 40% from the Class 10 exams.

Meanwhile, the remaining 20 &  marks will be awarded to students by schools.

Factors like attendance, internal assessment, etc will be taken into consideration for awarding the 20 per %, the SEBA said.

ALSO READ: Ex Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal likely to resign as MLA from Majuli

While awarding the 20%, schools will be required to consider their previous three years' results. It said that the variation should be less than 10%.

If school does not have student's record of Class 10 exams, 70% of the marks will be granted from Class 9, with the remaining 30% up to the school. The formula for repeaters will be the same, said SEBA.


The board stated that schools will be responsible for awarding marks to differently-abled students who did not take any exams.

On the other hand, for class 12, the AHSEC has devised two separate formulae.

For subjects with a practical component, 50% of the points will be based on the average of the highest three HSLC subjects. Practicals will account for 30% of the grade, while schools will grant 10% of the grade based on other activities completed in Class 11 and 12. According to the report, this adds up to 90%.

ALSO READ: Trapped leopard rescued from open well near Guwahati’outskirts

The remaining 10 % marks will be based on the 90 %. For example, if a student scores 90 marks based on the above formula, he will be awarded 10 marks and so on.

For subjects with no practicals, 50% of the marks will be based on the average of the best three HSLC subjects, and 40% will be based on internal assessments and other activities throughout Class 11 and 12. The remaining 10% will be based on this 90%, AHSEC added.

For vocational subjects, the formula will be 50:40:10, with practicals accounting for 40% of the grade and the other two components remaining unchanged. There will be no top 10 student ranking list, and the best marks in each subject will not be revealed.

Moreover, for students, who want to improve their grades an optional exam will be conducted by September 15 if the situation improves, said education minister Ranoj Pegu.

Considering the COVID situation in the state, on June 18 the Assam government cancelled the exams

After announcing that the SEBA and AHSEC will conduct board examinations in mid-July, the Assam government on June 18 declared to scrap the exams and minister Pegu announced the formation of two committees to create evaluation criteria, with results declared by July 31.

Follow us on Facebook