GUWAHATI: Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma addressing a press meet in Guwahati today evening said that vaccinating people age below 18 and those who are above 45 age is the responsibility of the central government.
Besides this, the chief minister briefed on several key points related to COVID-19 and the COVID situation of the state.
ALSO READ: Assam:First Session Of 15th Legislative Assembly To Start On May 21
Here are the key points, CM Sarma stressed on:
- Besides covaxin and covishield other vaccineswill also be imported.
- Vaccination people aged between 18 to 45 years is the responsibility of the state government.
- The state government is buying vaccines from Rs 119 crore from the Assam Arogya Nidhi.
- Chief minister Sarma will provide Rs. 50 crore from the Chief Minister's Relief Fund to the Assam Arogya Nidhi.
- Gauhati University has given the state government Rs 15 lakh in the fight against the pandemic.
- CM Sarma urged people to call on the state people to build the vaccination process as a mass movement.
- The state government will provide free vaccines from 18 to 45 years, whether donations are received or not.
- School teachers have come forward to assist the government in purchasing Covid-19 vaccines.
Assam in the past 24 hours reported 89 new deaths related to COVID-19 and 6,143 new cases of the infection.
With the new cases, the state's COVID tally has risen up to 3,47,001, and the death toll stands at 2433.
Follow us on Facebook