KOHIMA: Altogether 20 houses gutted by fire in Mon which resulting in property losses of around Rs 65 lakh, a delayed report said.
The fire and emergency services (F&ES) registered two incidents of domestic fire in Mon.
According to F&ES official Kenny Khing, a fire call was received from Totok Chingha, Mon at 10:44 pm on Saturday, and the F&ES team from fire station Mon responded to put out the fire. Fire tenders along with adequate equipment and personnel were dispatched, he said.
According to the PRO, 19 shanties as well as household property were gutted in the fire, with property valued at around Rs 50 lakh.
Khing also reported that the fire was contained and prevented from spreading to the surrounding buildings, and that property worth approximately Rs 20 lakh could be salvaged as a result of timely information and response.
According to the PRO, the fire was started by an electrical short circuit, and it took firefighters several hours to put out the fire, which started at 11:26 pm and lasted till 7 am. Task Commander ASI Chingpai Konyak led the fire response team.
Another fire occurred on Friday in Tamong village of Mon town, according to the official.
The F&ES team from fire station Mon was dispatched to douse the fire, and two fire tenders were dispatched with adequate equipment and personnel.
A shanty along with household belongings was gutted and property valued at Rs 15 lakh was lost.
owever, due to the timely information and response, the fire was contained and prevented from spreading to the surrounding buildings and property valued at Rs 20 lakh was salvaged, according to Khing.
Copyright©2022 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today