Description: This is a dish made mostly in Mizoram.
Serves: 4-5 people.
- Banana flower -1 small
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Groundnuts -a handful
- Ginger -1inch
- Onion -1 medium
- Burmese coriander -5-6 leaves
- Turmeric -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop the banana flower into big pieces discarding the bigger flowers. Boil in water.
- Heat oil, add coarsely ground ginger-garlic, coarsly ground ground nuts, onion and coriander leaves along with turmeric.
- Put In boiled banana flower and chopped tomato and salt, stir till well done.
- Transfer it to a bowl and serve with steamed rice.
Source : Ashish Chopra ( Culinary Historian, Travel Writer, Author, Columnist, Passionate Gourmet, Television Host)