Times are changing and so must wedding accessories. In the current scenario, masks have become a common accessory and a part of everyone’s outfit. It would not be wrong to say that they have become the new normal and are here to stay for a long time. The same goes for wedding outfits. With time, masks will become very common and major part of wedding accessories.
A lot has changed around us in the last few months, including weddings. Generally bridal accessories include the perfect veil, the perfect shoes, and perfect jewellery. Now it also includes something else: the perfect face mask. Bridal boutiques and various designers are now designing face masks that go well with the wedding theme and bridal outfit.
As wedding season cautiously creeps back into full swing, the demand for elegant bridal masks is growing. Makeup artists are wearing PPE kit while doing the makeup and the pretty brides get all glam and of course wear a face mask to protect themselves from any potential danger.
Also read: HAIRCARE: Basic Do’S and Don’ts
At the beginning of the nationwide lockdown, zoom weddings were the new trend but as time passed, brides decided to stay safe but celebrate their love in style, with their close ones. Brides and grooms have been quite experimental with their masks and here are some mask trends:
1) Match you mask with your outfit - A lot of couples decided to play safe and opt for colour coordinated wedding masks.
2) Pastels are a big YES – Who can forget Anushka Sharma’s pastel pink wedding outfit? Virushka’s wedding started a new trend of pastel bridal outfits. Many brides still prefer keeping it simple with minimal jewellery and pastel lehenga. And now it’s time for PASTEL coloured face masks.
3) A Sequined mask IS ALL YOU NEED - We know that. The rules of the game have changed and the maximum number of guests allowed will not be more than 50. But looking all glam is what every girl dreams of and a sequined mask and a glamorous outfit is all you will need.
4) Laces are never out of style - Want to add a touch of style to your wedding look? You can always look at other materials like lace. Use laces, a little embroidery, and beautiful thread work to make your mask look like a part of the outfit.
5) Go Quirky – Lastly, customize your own themed face mask. Wear unique personalised face masks on your intimate wedding day!
While no one can have a big fat Indian wedding for the foreseeable future, what everyone can certainly have is a happily ever after with the man of your dreams and a celebration with your loved ones. Don’t let the pandemic take away one of the happiest days of your life.
Readers like you make Inside Northeast’s work possible.
To support our brand of fearless and investigative journalism, support us HERE.
The Inside Northeast app HERE for News, Views, and Reviews from Northeast India.
Do keep following us for news on-the-go. We deliver the Northeast.
Copyright©2023 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today